Call for papers: The contribution of social cooperatives to decent work and economic growth
The Editorial Board of Wazo Magazine, free collaborative magazine published by Wazo Coop (ISSN 2444-1201), presents a Call for Papers for the Spring 2021 Issue.
Wazo Magazine is a social journal supported by worldwide professionals who presents articles in spanish and english about Social and Solidarity Economy and Creative Cultural Industries. It is published every season in digital format to reduce the environmental impact and carbon footprint on www.wazomagazine.com
The topic for this call is inspired by the Sustainable Development Goal 8 with a particular focus on social initiative cooperatives: “The contribution of social cooperatives to decent work and economic growth”.
Spring 2021 Issue will compile informative articles about projects and experiences about the promotion of sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
Please note that:
- Social Cooperatives: Non-profit cooperatives (i.e. Social Initiative Cooperatives), jointly owned and democratically managed, for social services: health, education, culture, science, sports, citizen engagement, development cooperation, environment, social economy promotion, social volunteering…
- Sustainable Development Goal 8: “Decent work and economic growth” promotes sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
- Social and Solidarity Economy (SSE). Ethical and values-based approach to economic development that prioritizes the welfare of people and planet, over profits and blind growth.
The Editorial Board of Wazo Magazine will select proposals on topics addressing experiences and projects led by social cooperatives about decent work and economic growth, in accordance with 2030 Agenda by UN.
Deadline for paper submissions
10th of march 2021
Please send an email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org attaching the following files:
- Format .docx
- Font: Times New Roman 12
- Inclusive language
- Text: Justify and indentation
- Language: Spanish or English.
- Length: Between 2000 and 4000 characters (including spaces).
- The file of the article should be labeled with the name of the author and the title as follows: Surname_Name_Title.docx
- Just in case you are the owner of the photos
- High resolution images
- Please do not include images on the .docx file
- Please attach them in the email or send them via Dropbox, Google Drive, Wetransfer…
- Copy of a valid identification (i.e. Passport)
About Wazo Coop
Wazo Coop is spanish non-profit cooperative that generates positive impact in rural areas
We empower people for rural areas to promote positive impact in local communities. We cooperate and develop projects for social transformation of rural areas, we promote participatory leadership by means of innovation and creativity methods for positive changes.
Discover our work on www.wazo.es